Mohican Code of Conduct
At Mohican, we pride ourselves in being a community-based pool where we can all come and relax, exercise and have fun together. In order to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone at Mohican, all members must abide by the following code of conduct. Failure to follow these rules may result in a warning, temporary suspension or permanent loss of membership, as determined by a majority vote of the board of directors. The severity of the infraction will be the primary determinant of the action taken. In all cases, a third warning will result in at least a temporary suspension. Pool management reserves the right to have an individual removed from the pool premises at any time for a conduct or safety issue, no board approval is required for this action.
Select Rules (please see Pool Rules for a comprehensive list)
- The pool, including the parking lot and stairs, are a smoke free area. No smoking, including e-cigarettes, is permitted at any time.
- Use of mobile phones in the locker rooms and bathrooms is prohibited.
- Litter must be placed in bins.
- No glass, porcelain or otherwise breakable containers of any kind are permitted.
Code of Conduct
- It is the responsibility of the individual swimmer to notify the lifeguard of any health concerns.
- The instructions of the lifeguard must be adhered to in the interest of safety.
- No arguing with lifeguards or pool staff.
- No swearing or abusive language or behavior toward staff, members or guests.
- No threats or intimidating behavior towards staff, members or guests.
- Conduct which may result in injury to self or the injury of others will not be permitted.
- No pushing or throwing people into the pool.
- No running on the pool deck.
- Diving is only allowed in the diving well.
- No inflatables in the pool other than specifically identified times such as “raft nights.”
- No flippers, snorkels or face masks allowed other than while lap swimming.
- Swimming after the consumption of alcohol or illegal drugs is prohibited.
- Parents are responsible for the behavior of their minor children.
Pandemic Code of Conduct (rules in place until otherwise noted)
- Members must conduct a self-screening before each visit to the pool and are not permitted in the pool if they
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and have not fully recovered
- Are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test that was administered due to symptoms, direct exposure or at the direction of a doctor/ medical professional
- Have experienced any of the following unexplained symptoms in the past 48 hours
- Chills or repeated shaking with chills
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Pain or pressure in chest
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle pain
- Have, within the past 10 days, knowingly been in close contact (within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes) of any person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Travelled internationally in the past 10 days and are not fully vaccinated.
- Have, within the past 10 days, been told by any health care provider or Department of Health to self-quarantine or self-isolate due to actual or suspected exposure to COVID-19.
- Members must wear masks when entering and exiting the facility and whenever on deck other than while swimming and when moving to and from the pool.
- Members are required to social distance – remaining six feet apart from other members outside their family group.